What it is: Every team needs to understand what success looks like. This team planning process is efficient and thorough and uses a proven set of tools to help teams create goals and action plans.
Best for: Creating a sense of urgency, a common team focus and target and a roadmap for the team to work to.
Time frame: 2-3 day workshop with preparation and follow up work. This is normally conducted annually but can be done more often where teams are managing a fast-moving project or business.
Results: Clarity – everyone is clear about the performance targets and everyone knows what has to be done and when it will be done. Alignment – all team members are pulling in the same direction. Involvement – team members participate in creating the plan. Team members report “being on the same page” and having a clear roadmap to follow going forward.
Tell-tale signs your team may need this service:
- The team is unclear about priorities and the activities that need to be undertaken as a team
- Your team has urgent issues to deal with that have taken the team off track and you need them to get back in gear and work well together
- Your team’s business plan needs to be reworked as it is out of date or circumstances have changed
- Accountabilities for actions are unclear
- Time lines and tracking mechanisms for completion of activities are unclear.