Building an Intentional Team™
What it is: Teams that produce amazing results have a clear common purpose, ways to track their progress, a supportive culture and a leader who knows what it takes to make the team great.
Best for: Teams doing work that is critical to their organization that need to improve how they work together. These teams are usually senior teams or teams charged with delivering a critical project, re-imagining a business, driving a high-risk, high-reward strategy or dealing with very important customers.
Time frame: Initially, an assessment of the team by the team and an Intentional Teams™ workshop, usually two days, then over a year a customized program that can include 90-day milestone meetings and coupled with Intentional Leader coaching.
Results: Teams become smooth-running and self-adjusting and therefore able to focus on producing results. These teams operate like a self-cleaning oven, continually monitoring their progress and making adjustments to how they work together. They pay attention to their process of being a team because they know that, like having good brakes on a car, when they work well together, they can drive to getting great results faster and more efficiently.
Tell-tale signs your team may need this service:
- Your team seems to make decisions about direction but then seems to revisit those decisions
- The vision may be clear but the strategy may not be
- Leaders may not be making tough calls or they may be allowing stronger members of the team to overwhelm more quiet members
- The team may not have routines that they follow to ensure onward progress
- Vital handoffs in processes are not smooth; people may be dropping the ball; critical work may be delayed
- Leaders may not be holding their people accountable for the values and behaviours that make up the team’s culture.